Be Part of History
Be part of history by giving us your opinions and advice for women business owners with unsupportive husbands. The questions are thought provoking and assess the attitudes and beliefs of women business owners with unsupportive husbands. Your answers are highly confidential and will be the basis for the book.
Join the Community
The Till Business Do Us Part blog is where you can start getting answers to your questions. You’ll find strategies, tools and techniques for your business and your unsupportive marriage, right here! Check back often. New posts are added frequently!
Where do I start?
First, get a cup of coffee or tea. Then read the Welcome Letter, below. Keep scrolling! Next, jump up to the tab, “About Annette.” After that, we encourage you to take the survey and read the blog. We have a private FB page, too!
Welcome, Friend! If you are building a blockbuster business and your husband is less than enthusiastic about it, I understand and I can help. “Till Business Do Us Part” will be the voice you’re trying to find and the arm around your shoulder. I’ll not only give you the hug you need, but also the shove when necessary. 🙂 I’ll answer your questions to the best of my ability and I will give you a chart to navigate these choppy waters. I want you to get answers to questions you didn’t even know you had. More importantly, I want this to be a place that gives you the space, the margin, to breathe and know you are important, valuable, creative and loved. If I do it right, you will shed tears, snort with laughter, nod in agreement, and have “AHA!” moments.
Let’s start by having you answer these 12 questions to see if you’ve come to the right place:
- Are you building a blockbuster business but your husband is completely antagonistic about it, and/or throws unnecessary barbs your way, and/or not completely on board?
- Are you wondering if you “lost your mind” sometimes after conversations with him?
- Do you wish you could talk to other women with similar issues?
- Would you like some practical, real-world advice about building a business?
- Is there tension in your marriage that overwhelms your thoughts, thus not allowing you to perform at your best?
- Could his messaging be on target but his delivery hurtful?
- Are you starting to second-guess your gifts, talents, and abilities?
- Are you keeping your successes, your failures, your dreams, your fears from him?
- Is work your happy place and home something you dread?
- Have you heard, “all you talk about is your business,” from your husband, children, friends, and family?
- Do you “over-explain” yourself to him?
- Do you want to share this part of your life with him?
If you answered yes to most or all, then take a breath, relax your shoulders (you know they’re tight), and read on. Your next step is to read, “About Annette.”
WHAT THIS BLOG ISN’T: This blog is not for whiners or complainers. It is not a place for excuses or blame-throwing. It is not a place to throw your husband under the bus. No swearing, either. This is your safe place. A place to pause, find solace, get encouragement, reflect, and get clarity. Let’s be kind to each other. We need it.
Blessings and Joy,