I’m Annette de Lancey Giacomazzi. As a wife, mom, serial business owner, and author of the upcoming book, “Till Business Do Us Part, How To Thrive in Your Business & Survive an Unsupportive Husband” I wear many hats* (*or juggle many roles). My children—and my two best blessings—Max and Elli—are thriving in college. I’ve been married for 22 years to Rick Giacomazzi. He is amazingly funny and smart, a seasoned golfer, a dedicated fixer of everything, and has claim to the brightest blue eyes this side of the Rockies. That said, I have learned just as much about our relationship as I have about myself as I channeled my entrepreneurial spirit. The latest and definitely most fun business I created, CastCoverz!, has been a fantastic training ground for building a product business from scratch, mastering (HA!) e-commerce sales, attaining profitability, managing employees, navigating the heavenly highs and the lowest lows of business, giving my customers the attention they deserve (spoiler alert: or was it me that needed it so I gave it to them in spades??), and so much more. Visit here to learn more about my business, CastCoverz! Be sure to check out our About and Publicity pages, too.
What you probably don’t know about me:
- I’m from Minnesota. Nicest. People. Ever.
- I am a child of divorce. Thank you, Dad and Mom, for marrying Kathy and David, respectively. They brought much more into my life than what I lost by your divorce.
- My first marriage, In Minnesota, no children, ended in divorce.
- I managed political campaigns.
- I love classic rock and classical music.
- The YMCA rocks.
- I am small business’ best advocate.
- Bless her heart, my 20 y.o. daughter, Elli, has broken 12 bones. Actually, we stopped counting at 12. No, she doesn’t have Brittle Bone Disease. Yes, she was the inspiration for my blockbuster business, CastCoverz! My 21-year old son, Max, has never broken a bone and he named the company (great story).
- My sister, Kaye de Lancey, a 3-time cancer survivor, and I laugh and snort at exactly the same cadence and timing. Hysterical. My bro, Dwight, is quirky and smart.
- Even though I was told otherwise and I was 36, Rick and I were blessed with our son, followed by our daughter, 19 months later. Thank you, God, for their lives.
- I’ve had 3 rounds of braces.
- I’ve managed lupus for 30 years and I’m an 8 year breast cancer survivor. Thank you, God, for my life.
- I love to work. I mean, I LOVE TO WORK.
- My daughter and I were in a horrific car accident May 2015, 3 weeks before her high school graduation. 3 cars were totaled and many bones were broken. Life unequivocally changed in that moment. You can read about that here CastCoverz! Blog. Thank you, God, for your providence and healing. Elli and Kaye (my sister) are my heroes.
- I am a voracious reader and a recovering hoarder of books. A few years back, I counted all my books, estimated the length of time it would take to read them all, and realized I would be 86 years old. I started to pare down to my essential readers.
- I’m a woman of faith. My faith is practical. It grounds me, allowing me to surrender to something way bigger than me (YAY! I’m not in control of the universe anymore!), and brings me great joy and clarity. My husband, Rick, is not a man of faith. My 21-year-old son’s depth of faith is inspiring. My daughter believes but is having a lot of fun in college. 🙂
- My mantra is happy, happy, joy, joy!
Do you have a question or just want to reach out? Please email your (kind and thoughtful) questions and comments to Annette@TillBusinessDoUsPart.com
Blessings and Joy! <3